Northwest Edison is a commercial electrical contracting company specializing in lighting, sustainability projects, and electrical service work. For over 25 years we have been designing and installing energy efficient lighting and lighting control systems throughout the Western US.
Northwest Edison wants to expand their lighting retrofit and design team in Bothell, WA. This team surveys, compiles, specifies and designs lighting upgrades in the commercial, industrial, institutional and roadway sectors. This is a fast paced, multi-faceted position and provides an opportunity to work in the energy conservation market and learn and grow with the illumination industry.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful, and have construction or lighting background. We’d like to see the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility, composure and a good sense of humor.
The position requires a great deal of travel. Some by car, some by air. The successful candidate will need to be mobile, sometimes walking facilities for 8-10 hours per day. They must be able to carry tools, climb stairs and ladders and open light fixtures overhead. The days are often spent alone or with an escort so being social/friendly and being alone must be okay.
The auditors start our jobs off by gathering the information in the field. This sets the tone for the entire project so this role is heavily trained and supported, despite the independence of working in the field.
This role will require the successful candidate to quickly get up to speed on lighting and the systems involved in controlling lighting. In addition, the candidate will need to become efficient using auditing software on a mobile tablet. Technophobes will not thrive in this role.
At Northwest Edison we demand the utmost respect and kindness be shown to our customers, vendors and co-workers. This is a collaborative environment where there is a wealth of knowledge to be gained. Because this position will be in the field, the successful candidate needs to be prepared to odd hours which sometimes include early mornings, weekends and late nights.
Other key responsibilities include:
• Ability and desire to learn daily in a rapidly changing technology market
• Willingness to pick up the phone and reach out to get the information needed for a particular task
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
• Exceptional communication skills
• Experience in construction, engineering or energy conservation is a plus
• Demonstrated ability complete tasks with little supervision
• Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events which require quick response or turnaround
• Compensation: Northwest Edison offers a very competitive salary based primarily on experience, full benefits package including health, Vision, Dental, paid time off (PTO) 401K and profit sharing.
• Background checks, motor vehicle report/checks and pre-employment drug screening will be required.